Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
As an innovation agency Hivos, through Green and Open societies, collaborates with global, regional, and local organizations to enhance the economic position men and women, provides equal opportunities for all. Hivos is inspired by humanist values. We believe that human life is valuable and full of potential. We have been a promoter and facilitator for social change.
We have been a global player on stimulating social innovation for more than 60 years and continue to bring together stakeholder, communities, local governments, government, national and international organizations, and policymakers to create new ways to help those who find themselves in poverty or without voice about their fundamentals rights.
Since 2015, traditional funding has decreased dramatically. This is due to the drastic change of priorities of the international cooperation agencies, especially for Latin America. The region has not been considered as poor and whose needs can be met by governments or market mechanisms.
These changes have become a major challenge for Hivos to raise funding, and represent a huge opportunity to explore and development a new financing mechanisms, for this reason, we are looking for a person with work experience of five years or more in the area of donor intelligence with a special focus High Net Worth Individuals and private partnership.
Aim of the job
The aim of the job is to implement a Hivos Hub LA fundraising strategy for High Net Worth Individuals on one side and building up Private Partnerships on the other. This role will explore and realize our potential to secure income from existing networks and new prospects. This is an excellent opportunity for you to increase your experience as a fundraiser and to make a huge impact.
This job will require the collaborator to: 1) implement the current defined strategy for the High Net Worth Individuals, make adjustments and redefine is development, and, 2) implement the fundraising strategy for private partnership through Corporate Social Responsibility.
- High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI)
HNWI is a classification used by the financial services industry to denote an individual or a family with high net worth. These are individuals with disposable assets of at least 1 million. When these individuals are approached in the right way, they have the potential to make a substantial contribution to Hivos’ work with major donations.
- Private Sector
Companies position themselves strongly on their social and environmental contribution for the wellbeing of their staff, their customers and suppliers and their surroundings. They do this by developing strategies on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Hivos as an innovation agency is looking to build a long term relationship with these companies, to increase the impact of our work.
- Identifying, mapping and prospecting potential partners in Latin America
- Review the actual fundraising strategy for HNWI and relevant companies, and adjust changes to successfully implement the strategy
- Acquire, develop and cultivate a strong fundraising portfolio together with program development managers, partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the communications, finances and administrative areas, to implement fundraising strategy accordingly
- Manage and update databases to record donor contacts and other relevant information; and confirm that all donors receive regular reports according to their needs and requirements – liaising with project managers to gather information
- Establish a relationship with the donors and prospects, through emails, telephone calls, meetings and presentations
- Preserve the relationship with fundraising officer of Global Office
- Lead the consolidation of a Private Fundraising Unit
High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI)
- Elaborate fundraising materials to engage prospects and cultivate donors, in coordination with the communication area;
- Identify potential HNWI, prospect their profiles, contact, visit and engage them in alignment with our ambitions
- Organize seminars, events, cocktails, brown bag meeting-lunches, webinars and others in order to engage with prospects or cultivate donors; and attend fundraising events and initiatives as required to support the development team.
- Identify, prospect potential partners
- Conduct due-diligence
- Implement a Hivos partnership strategy towards the private sector
- Preparing internal reports
- Monitoring income and expenditure
- Develop and negotiate proposals
- Guide the private fundraising support duties.
- Strong and proven influencing and negotiating skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of English and Spanish – written and spoken
- The ability to manage several strands of work at the same time;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- A demonstrated high level of drive whether working as an individual or as part of a team;
- Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives. Demonstrate the ability to close the sale.
Like to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV (three-page maximum) and a cover letter to email@example.com later than 24thMarch 2019. Please specify the position name you are applying for PRIVATE FUNDRAISING MANAGER in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Since this is a local position, we will only consider curricula from local or foreigners with residence or work permit for Costa Rica.
What do we offer?
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. We offer a competitive salary.
The preference is for a resident holding a work permit in Costa Rica. However, having as a priority the suitability of the profile, and with the understanding that the working conditions correspond to a local post, Hivos may request a temporary visa and provide austere and limited compensation to cover partial costs of repatriation.
One year with a possibility of extension according to satisfactory performance. Full-time schedule, availability to work at night or weekends, according to the activities of the assignment.
Hivos is an international non-governmental humanist organization. Together with local and global partners, the organization seeks to contribute to a free, fair and sustainable world in which people have equal access to resources and have the power to control their lives and their future. Hivos believes in the creativity and capacity of individuals. Quality, co-operation and innovation form the core concepts in Hivos’ philosophy.
For more information about Hivos, visit https://hivos.org/